CRM Specialist | Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver Locations
Our client is currently recruiting for a CRM Specialist to join their team. This role is national and therefore you can be geographically located in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, or Vancouver.
As a member of the firm’s Clients & Markets team, the Specialist, CRM plays a pivotal role developing and executing the firm’s data & analytics strategy. As the Specialist, CRM you will be up to speed on the latest and emerging industry best practices and have experiencing developing strategic CRM programs that will assist the firm in building their thought leadership and lead generation.
The Specialist, CRM will:
- Work with functional areas to understand business processes and aid users in becoming more efficient and effective in using CRM and associated Business Development/Marketing systems;
- Serve as one of the Firm’s local marketing communications deployment experts and representative for all queries related to CRM Marketing deployments, email, contact management and area resource for the firm’s CRM system.
- Be a CRM champion across all firm functions. Your knowledge and expertise will show firm members that our CRM system is a highly valuable resource for the Firm and show how it’s aligned to strategy of establishing, developing and maintaining long-term valuable business development relationships.
- As a member of the Marketing Operations & analytics group, the Specialist, CRM will have the opportunity to participate in key business process and help drive the firm’s digital transformation.
- This position is part of the Firm’s Business Services department and reports to the Senior Manager, CRM. The Firm’s Business Services department is a dynamic group of professionals who work effectively as a team, but enjoy an environment allowing for creativity and growing responsibility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
- Develop technical solutions (programs) to create data files to load data from the external systems and/or upload data to the external systems
- Assist in resolving technical issues that arise within CRM and other related systems
- Act as the area point person for all data quality standards, including best practices for data entry, nomenclature standards, project-related data entry process, formatting guidelines and archival of data, reports, etc.
- Lead local area legal assistants in the development and maintenance of a national CRM database to ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the information; act as the primary resource for questions from local end National users; and liaise with the Senior Manager, CRM and IT department regarding issues, enhancements and upgrades
- Data change requests, including review of all data requests & required research to either approve or reject proposed user changes to data in the system. Requires direct communication with users as well as self-directed research to ensure accuracy of information (i.e. direct calls to contacts, organizations and/or internet searches, etc.)
- Manage and refine the local distribution of publications (printed or electronic) and communication materials including various publications, newsletters, alerts, brochures, invitations, etc. Manage local bounce-backs and RTS
- List and campaign initiatives; building and refining knowledge base of BLG permission-based contact lists for mailing consistency, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Continuous reviewing of the database to proactively create new and maintain existing searches and to identify inconsistencies in the data
- Provide analysis of digital metrics and provide report summaries to clients for individual campaigns or quarterly reports
- Stay abreast of e-Marketing best practices to continuously improve and update firm offerings
- Performs legal assistant training in conjunction with the Firm’s trainers, including one-on-one and group sessions either locally or by webinar
- Co-ordinate with training representatives to develop training programs and support materials enhancing BLG’s ability to maintain contacts and thus the integrity of the database
- Provide regular status and update on all CRM programs on a regular basis and offer recommendations for continual improvement
- Stay informed of developments within the direct marketing community, (trends and changes). Keep abreast of the legal category and competitors’ campaigns or strategies
- Educate and inform local Business Development colleagues, local legal assistants and professionals to facilitate greater understanding about BLG database, contact management, processes and the direct mail programs
- Integrate programs into overall client contact strategy and participate in the day-to-day management of contact strategy
- Recommends and implement CRM strategic or tactical solutions to improve business processes within our Business Development and Marketing/Communication functions
- Performs first-level technical support for the CRM product and escalates issues to National CRM Leader and IT as needed
- Recommend and implement strategic solutions as required to further enhance the existing CRM program
Core Skills & Requirements:
- BA in Marketing, IT or related field preferred
- Fluently bilingual in French and English an asset
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of CRM experience (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales/Marketing) or related experience in digital marketing functions, and email in a business to business professional services organization or Marketing National
- Knowledge of client relationship management systems and relational databases
- Experience with data management & understanding it’s role in business development
- The desire and aptitude for continuous learning including: new database technologies, concepts, industry trends and best practices and how they can be applied in a legal setting
- Strong organizational skills and the to handle many projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively with a solutions driven, proactive attitude
- Ability to analyze digital metrics and create summarized reports to clients
- Able to see the “big picture” understand how your role supports our core KPIs and how you can make an impact at the firm
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and initiative. Ability to be a “team player” as part of a national team and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead data quality initiatives including training, process development & documentation and ensuring members know how to use CRM to it’s fullest potential
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the Firm
- Advanced PC skills with demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office
- Prior law firm experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines