Digital Marketing Specialist | Toronto ON
As part of the National Marketing and Communications team, the Digital Marketing Specialist will support the digital marketing team at a National level and will also provide administrative support to the Marketing and Communications team to ensure the seamless execution and follow-up of activities.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting the digital marketing team in enhancing the online visibility of the firm through awareness and lead generation. This includes website management support and updates, managing webmaster change requests, SEO optimization, and social media management in partnership with the Communications team. Working with BD, the specialist provides training and assists BD coordinators with support and strategy in their online efforts to promote and support new business efforts for the firm.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Website Updates (70%)
- Works with the Senior Specialist, Digital Marketing to webmaster and complete website change requests and additions in a timely manner.
- Addition of new content on website (Publications, New Releases, Expertise Pages, etc.)
- Help coordinate the production of alerts, bulletins and newsletters
- Regional web support (Lawyer profiles, embedded videos, etc.)
- Continuous website improvement as per best practices and web standards with a familiarity of UX
- Intranet posting and support
- Work with BD Business Services functions website collateral
- Train and assist regional BD coordinators (Lawyer profile updates, Firm guidelines and Web standards, etc.)
- Student recruitment site support
- Actively works to strengthen the firm’s website presence applying best practices for SEO, including technical, on-page and backlinking techniques.
- Using industry standard SEO tools, clean up broken links, misspellings, and other tactics for continuous improvement.
Web Analytics (10%)
- Contribute to analysis for monthly reporting of online metrics
- Assist with management the firm web analytics dashboards, make enhancements as business needs change for the firm
- Extraction and manipulation of website analytics
- Assist the digital marketing team in discovery and roll out of new digital initiatives for the firm
- Social Media (10%)
- Social Media posting and contribute to ongoing strategy
- Basic Photoshop image manipulation
- Provide administrative and research support to Digital Marketing Leadership
- Other marketing and communications projects as assigned
Core Skills & Requirements:
- University degree in Communication, Marketing or a relevant field
- Experience working in a business development/marketing & communications department of a law firm or in a professional services environment would be an asset
- 5+ years business development/marketing & communications experience
- Self-starter and proven ability to work with minimal supervision and able to set goals priorities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills who shares best practices and leverages knowledge
- Proven ability to think critically and turn data into actionable information
- Strong capabilities using HTML, Sitecore, CSS, JQuery, SharePoint, Photoshop and Microsoft Suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Has a strong working knowledge with digital marketing activities such as social media management and strategy, best practices with SEO, and online data measurement and analysis.
- Has experience working with industry-standard digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, SEMRush or AHREF’s, and Hootsuite.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and technologies and ability to share with the digital marketing team
- Superior written and proof reading skills with attention to detail
- Bilingual proficiencies an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Availability to work overtime