Junior Law Clerk – Corporate Law | Toronto
Our client is looking to hire a Corporate Clerk to join their growing Corporate Law team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- drafting documentation relating to annual resolutions, incorporations, annual proceedings, dissolutions, etc.;
- conducting minute book reviews and maintaining corporate records/registers;
- conducting corporate searches, and analyzing/summarizing search results;
- assisting with corporate reorganizations, share and asset purchase transactions, including: preparing/maintaining closing checklists;
- reviewing/drafting closing documents including resolutions, officers’ certificates and other supporting documents; preparing closing books and drafting reporting letters.
Core Skills & Experience:
- at least 2+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in Corporate Law;
- law clerk certification is an asset;
- general knowledge of applicable corporate statutes and regulations (CBCA, OBCA, etc.);
- superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- is time-conscious and deadline-oriented;
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word;
- has the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.