Law Clerk – Accident Benefits | Toronto ON
In this position as Accident Benefit Law Clerk, you will have solid experience in civil litigation and work on insurance defence litigation files, with an emphasis on accident benefits.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· reviewing and summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
· following up on productions;
· briefing file materials;
· assisting with arbitrations and motions;
· drafting LAT responses and submissions;
· direct communication with various counsel and clients;
· overall daily file maintenance.
Core Skills & Requirements:
· at least 3+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in insurance defence litigation (Accident Benefits experience is required);
· proficient with the LAT;
· possess superior analytical and organizational abilities;
· exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
· be time conscious and deadline oriented;
· a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
· considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
· functions easily in MS Word environment;
· the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.