Law Clerk and/or Title Searcher/Conveyancer – Commercial Real Estate | Toronto or Ottawa
In this position of Law Clerk and/or Title Searcher/Conveyancer you will be a key member of the Commercial Real Estate Group legal team working closely with lawyers and legal support staff to provide the highest level of service to clients on cutting edge real estate files, while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Right from the start, you will have access to exceptional opportunities, hone your legal mind and tailor your career path in order to reach your full potential. This is the opportunity where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Title Searching: searching titles, reviewing documents and survey
- Reviewing title and title deficiencies
- Oversee conversion of registry properties to Land Titles
- Prepare Applications for Absolute Title
- Conducting full title searches in Registry and Teraview electronic systems
- Anticipate potential title problems and issues and bring to the attention of supervising lawyer
- Assist in transactions relating to land development
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Have approximately 7 + years experience as a Real Estate Law Clerk and/or Title Searcher/Conveyancer
- Ability to plot metes and bounds legal descriptions
- Thorough knowledge of relevant real estate legislation
- A graduate of a recognized Law Clerk certificate or degree program or equivalent
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Windows-based computer systems
- Excellent knowledge of Teraview
- Be well organized with strong analytical skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence