Law Clerk – Commercial Real Estate/Title Searcher | Toronto ON
In this position of Commercial Real Estate Clerk, you will be a key member of the Commercial Real Estate Group legal team working closely with lawyers and legal support staff to provide the highest level of service to our clients on cutting edge real estate files, while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage files and projects
- Title Searching: searching titles, reviewing documents and surveys; reviewing title and title deficiencies; preparing first applications into Land Titles; preparing title summaries and encumbrance lists
- Administering title search requests, off-title searching, requisitions and reports
- Execution and municipal searches, corporate and Personal Property Act searches
- Preparation of documentation relating to purchase, sale, leasing and financing transactions;
- Coordinating and assisting at closings
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices
- Anticipate potential problem issues and bring to the attention of supervising lawyer
- Draft simple legal opinions and title opinions
- Attend closing of transactions and electronic registration of title documents
- Assist in transactions relating to zoning matters and land development
- Prepare and assemble closing books
- Attend to maintaining files and records in accordance with Firm procedures
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Real Estate Law Clerk.
- A graduate of a recognized paralegal certificate or degree program or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Windows-based computer systems including DocuSign, Closing Folders, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Be well organized with strong analytical skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence