Law Clerk – Family Law | Toronto ON
In this position you will be part of a dynamic family law team that is located in mid-town Toronto. Supporting two Lawyers, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to interesting clients and files as you continue to grow.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- General Correspondence – drafting and editing.
- Court/Other Documents – drafting, editing, preparing, serving and filing Pleadings, Motion materials, Mediation/Arbitration Briefs, Case/Settlement Conference Briefs, Financial Statements, Net Family Property Statements, etc.
- Litigation management including managing timelines, service and filing of court documents;
- Management of the exchange of financial disclosure between parties;
- Coordinating with other professionals in a matter especially with business and income valuators.
- Schedule meetings, court attendances, conference calls etc. in management of calendars and deadlines.
- General file management and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Law Clerk/ILCO Certification an asset
- Minimum three years of Law Clerk experience with specific knowledge of the Family Law Rules.
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office 2010, PC Law, Outlook, and DivorceMate)
- Solid organizational skills to proactively manage files, records and documents.
- Strong time management skills to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate needs, adjust to changing priorities and handle tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personable, professional demeanor and diligent work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.