Law Clerk/Paralegal – Commercial Real Estate | Hamilton ON
In this position of Law Clerk/Paralegal you will be a part of the Commercial Real Estate team. The Law Clerk assists professionals by preparing legal documents and other tasks involved in the management of the file, within Commercial Real Estate. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Receives directions from the professional on the status of the file, the steps required for the conduct of the file, with instructions to meet critical deadlines.
- Drafts a variety of documentation, from research, precedents and/or directions, including forms, contracts, agreements, closing documents and correspondence to meet the needs of the various steps required throughout the file, in accordance with legislation and/or governing regulations.
- Systematically organizes, tracks, and maintains document files and correspondence, using, where appropriate, computer databases and imaging software.
- Initiates follow up actions where and when necessary.
- Liaises with client to obtain and, when directed by the professional, provide information.
- Has complete carriage of transactions from title to off title and corporate searches to drafting.
- Corresponds with government authorities and opposing counsel.
- Prepares reports on an as needed basis.
- Any other duties as required.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Law Clerk / Paralegal Diploma
- 3 years as a Law Clerk/Paralegal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- The ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, often under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using Teraview.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.