Law Clerk – Securities Law | Toronto ON
Our client is recruiting for a Securities Law Clerk to join their Investment Management Team in their Toronto Office. You will be a key member of the legal team working to provide the highest level of client service while having the opportunity to cultivate and share your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
You will have a strong work ethic, possess a mind-set of continuous improvement, and are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Right from the start, you will:
- Draft prospectus filing documents for investment fund issuers
- Prepare applications for securities registration and amendments to registration on behalf of securities registrants
- Work independently with clients and lawyers to effect filings
- Deal directly with securities regulators across Canada, including the OSC, as well as exchanges such as the TSX and NEO
- Commit to working with the team to ensure continuous fund filings are made within applicable deadlines, during high volume time periods
- Work as member of a collaborative team to mentor and share your corporate knowledge with students, associates and junior law clerks.
Core Skills & Requirements:
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8+ years experience in preparing and finalizing investment fund documents, securities registrations, exchange listings (including obtaining CUSIP numbers) and insider reports and filing them on SEDAR, NRD and SEDI, has a solid knowledge of securities legislation and exchange listing requirements, is able to quickly learn new technology and adapt to change, and has excellent client service, organizational skills and attention to detail. Proficiency with Excel, Closing Folders, electronic signature software will be a plus.