Legal Assistant - Commercial Litigation & Employment Law | Toronto ON
In this position you will provide support to two lawyers and have experience in various aspects of commercial litigation and employment law.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents relating to employment litigation, estates litigation, debtor-creditor matters, real property disputes and high-profile class action litigation cases
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and maintain client files
- Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation, drafting and filing court documents
- File preparation and management
- Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required
- General administrative duties including entering dockets and processing accounts
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma program; university degree is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a commercial litigation and/or employment law practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Solid working knowledge of the rules of civil procedure and court rules
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback.