Legal Assistant – Corporate | Toronto ON
In this Legal Assistant position, you will be supporting Lawyers within the Corporate Services practice group. You are a self-motivated individual who enjoys being busy, able to work both independently and on a team is important in this role, and a high attention to detail is required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Handling all administrative duties such as drafting letters, coordinating meetings, processing invoices and expenses, among others.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
- Preparing initial drafts of routine documents based on precedents, revisions, comparisons, track changes, and database entry under the supervision of a legal professional
- Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and updated on a regular basis.
- Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments.
- Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course.
- 3+ years’ working experience (large firm experience) in Corporate Services is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
- Strong technical skills using Office 365
- Experience working with 3E, Worksite DMS, an asset