Legal Assistant – Real Estate | Hamilton ON
Our client is recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join their dynamic Business Law team, with a focus on Commercial Real Estate. In this role you will perform full legal administrative duties of a responsible and confident nature for one or more professionals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the Professional’s office, initiating follow-up action.
- Prepare legal documents with little or no direction according to general precedents or instructions from Professional.
- Prepare letters, memos, etc. of a confidential nature, which may be drafted independently for review by supervisor or may be prepared from dictation or hard copy.
- Liaise between the Professional’s various internal and external individuals, groups, and clients at all levels.
- Forward or respond to routine correspondence not requiring the Professional’s attention.
- Manage the bring-forward or diary system/database to ensure important dates/deadlines are met.
- Prepare special reports, which may include gathering, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Exercise initiative and judgment to relieve Professional of administrative detail.
- Create, monitor and maintain client files for better file management and client service.
- Coordinate administrative tasks e.g.: accounting; opening and closing files; docketing; billing; etc.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Legal Assistant Certificate/Diploma.
- 5 + years as a Legal Administrative Assistant.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using Teraview.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Bilingualism (French/English) may be required in some offices.