Intermediate to Senior Law Clerk - Corporate Law | Toronto & Ottawa ON
In this position as Corporate Law Clerk, you will assist with transactions and matters under the supervision of the firm’s lawyers. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Services, this role is currently remote and offers the same flexibility post pandemic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Drafting corporate documents including: agreements, resolutions, complex share provisions, documents for various types of transactions including corporate and tax reorganizations, documents relating to incorporation and organization, amalgamations, complex amendments, continuances and dissolutions
- Assisting lawyers on complex transactions
- Attending meetings with clients and lawyers to review documents and provide technical assistance
- Conducting due diligence and minute book reviews and preparing reports outlining issues and deficiencies
- Setting up and running electronic data rooms
- Drafting closing agendas
- Assisting with closings
- Assisting with collection and drafting of checklists and precedents
- Mentoring junior law clerks.
Core Skills & Experience:
- College diploma in Law Clerk studies
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience functioning as a Law Clerk and performing the duties noted above
- Experience with corporate databases and data room/document sharing technology
- Strong understanding of corporate legislation
- Proficient in MS Suite, possesses ability and interest to learn new technology
- Member in good standing with the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario would be an asset.