Trust Accountant | Toronto ON
In this position as Trust Accounting Clerk you will be part of the Accounting team of this dynamic downtown Toronto Law firm.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage outgoing wires from trust accounts
- Manage and monitor trust fund receipts and cash disbursements
- Responsible for purchase and redemption of investments
- Prepare monthly trust account reconciliations
- Prepare weekly trust listing for management review
- Responsible for T5 distribution
- Backup for general cash receipts and accounts payable
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- University degree or College diploma in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with trust accounts in a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and with Adobe
- Experience working with an accounting system, i.e., EQ, Elite, or PC Law
- Prior experience with preparing EFT SD80 files is an asset
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- A confident self-starter, who works well both independently, and in a team environment
- A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy in work product
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Show good judgment and a strong work ethic.